Thursday, May 7, 2009

How to fiddle while Rome burns



I just came across this bit of news, which nicely melds several areas of interest to me.

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=10318559&nav=menu510_2

Also, it appears to me that people (if there are any) who read my blog cannot simply click on a link, maybe they have to copy and paste it into their browser? Cause I don't know how to do it any differently so, hey, it sux for you! No kidding, I'll try to figure it out. Just uploading photos last night took an eternity so I truncated the effort of trees, maybe another time.

Anyhoo, (as one of my 3 followers says - Leda, thank you and your artwork is dazzling!)

This bit of flooding brings to mind last night, when we had a downpour but hey not that much actual rain, and yet, severe flooding resulted. I was woken at 3 am with the noise of the Cold Brook rushing rather closer than comfort to my pillow. This is probably just fanciful paranoia but, maybe, the ground is so parched and impervious - kinda like old oatmeal - that the rain is just rushing over the surface.

Which brings me to a related impulse, towards humor, for sanity.

I came across that bit of news reading an Alaska blog that for the most part, arose and continues thanks to Sara Palin.

Please understand. I am one of her biggest fans. Her spectacular mendacity and self-serving fundamentalist ideology are the source of 2 things that are important to me, and they are corollated:

1. She is single-handedly destroying any credibility that remains for "conservatives"

and 2. Her soap-opera phony pregnancy is just, funnier than fiction could ever be!

So, I'm going to list a few Alaska sites that I follow on a regular basis, for vicarious thrills and jollies, although there are several others, which can usually be located on these websites as the pajama-clad, parental-basement dwellers often reference each other...

http://palingates.blogspot.com/
http://theimmoralminority.blogspot.com/
http://www.palindeception.com/blog/

And might I add, for the most phenomenal and ludicrous snark, make a regular drive by at

http://www.wonkette.com/

Sorry anyone digitally challenged will have to do the cut and paste.

But srsly, it will be worth it. MUST HAVE FUNNIES.

Tomorrow I will try to think of something original to say. Today it was too late when I got home to take any pretty pictures of the garden, I had to feed the horses and collect the eggs in the dark.

But on the way home I snapped a few pictures of a glorious moon. This reminds me that the universe is going to get along, just fine, unperturbed, by us idiotic human gluttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Search This Blog

Followers

counter